Skip to main content

Jane Austen's Ring

The wonderful Diana Birchall has written a fabulous post about this previously unknown ring of Jane Austen's on the Austen Author's site. I think the ring is beautiful - sadly, they just don't make them like that anymore! It throws up all sorts of intriguing questions about who bought the ring etc. and I'm sure I'm not the only one who secretly hopes there was a romantic reason behind the purchase. Do visit Austen Authors to read all about it, I'm sure you'll be as intrigued as I am. And, if there is anyone out there with a spare £30,000 who would like to buy it, if Chawton cottage can't find room for it, I know someone who would be very pleased to take care of it! The equally gorgeous Julie Wakefield has news of some first editions of Jane Austen's novels in the same July 10th sale at Sotheby's on her Austenonly blog. Please visit for a full and fascinating report!